Thursday, 25 August 2016
Jemima Sumgong took gold in the women’s marathon, Faith Kipyegon won gold in the women’s 1,500 m and Vivian Cheruiyot also won gold in women’s 5,000 m race. In the men’s category David Rudisha won gold in men’s 800 m, Conseslus Kipruto took gold in men’s 3,000 m steeplechase and Eliud Kipchoge won gold in the men’s marathon.
In the silver list, Vivian Cheruiyot won in the womens 10,000 m , Hyvin Jepkemoi won silver in the women’s 3,000 m steeplechase and Helen Obiri in the women’s 5,000 m. Paul Tanui won silver in the men’s 10,000 m, Boniface Mucheru won silver in men’s 400 m hurdles and Julius Yego took silver in the men’s javelin throw.
Margaret Wambui won bronze in the women’s 800 m.
Tuesday, 2 August 2016
I locally hear people say "...that language came in a ship." especially when they make an error in it. Traditionally every grouping/community/tribe had their own language they used to communicate. Civilization marked English as a language that is used to communicate in formal situations so that everyone understands. French, German and Spanish are also used in many parts of the globe.
Today, we focus on the English language and how interesting it can be.
Below are some examples:
1. Why is a building called a building a building, if it’s already built?
2. If you replace the “W” in Where, What, and When with a “T”, you answer the question.
3. If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
4. French fries aka. chips were not invented in France.
5. The plural of tooth is teeth, but the plural of booth is not beeth.
6. A guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
7. There is no egg in an eggplant.
8. When the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out they are invisible.
9. Place 'ONLY' anywhere on this sentence.
She told him that she loved him.
Saturday, 23 July 2016
Method 1 of 2
1. Open command prompt
(>press start and type cmd
press Windows + R then type cmd and hit Enter )
2. Command Prompt window opens up. Type:
netsh wlan show network mode=bssid
3. Available WiFi networks will be displayed
netsh wlan connect name=(wifi name )
netsh wlan connect name=Mynet Sata1 and you get connected to that network.
5. Disconnecting from the network.
netsh wlan disconnect
Method 2 of 2
1. Open CMD as an Administrator (this gives CMD access to full computer network)
Type color a so as to see words in green.
3. Type: wmic
4. Type: quit
5. Type: netsh wlan show profiles
Select from the networks that you see to hack
6. Type: netsh wlan show profiles (The name of the Wifi You want to hack ) After this step, you will see security settings in it, you will see security key after you do the step 7 (The last) under it you will see key content in it the password
7. Type: netsh wlan show profiles (name of the Wifi you want to hack ) key=content.
Then, in the security settings under the security key you will see key content.
This is the Wifi password
NB. Step 2 is optional
Thursday, 21 July 2016
Adverts (ads) are very essential in business to increase sales and make people aware of a certain product. The internet is a global village and thus many businesses are using it to promote their brands to millions of potential clients.
Youtube has been also used to advertise since alot of people are online watching videos.
Sometimes the adverts can be too much and irritating and you may need to stop/disable them.
Luckily you can in the steps listed below:
1. Move your mouse cursor to your Youtube profile pic (on the top right of the screen)
2. Click on it
3. Click on Creator studio
4. Click on channel (on the left panel)
5. Click on advanced
6. Click to unmark the advertisements (uncheck the box)
7. Save so the changes can take effect.
Hope this helps you. Cheers!
Sunday, 17 July 2016
Last week we looked at the difference between Wealth and Riches. Today we will see how easy it is to acquire money easily and legally.
Lets take a walk.
If your boss paid you Ksh. 30,000 per month and you saved it all without touching a coin, you would need to work for 36 months to get 1million.
If you convinced the government or an organization like The UN to give you a printing job for only 5000 umbrellas and you made Ksh. 200 from each umbrella; that would be 5000x200Ksh=1,000,000Kshs in one day.
Still it becomes crazy if you want to become a Billionare.
If your boss pays you 1 million per month and you saved all that money without touching a cent, in a year you would only have 12 million and you would need to work for 84 years to get to 1 billion (How old are you??).
However, there are 40 million Kenyans; if you supllied salt to 12 million of them once per month making Ksh.10 per packet, it would only take you 1 year to be a bilionare.
The way to be get money fast is to stop dealing with bosses and start dealing with clients.
Thursday, 30 June 2016
There is a difference between being rich and being wealthy.
Wealthy people know how to make money while rich people just have money. The difference between the 2 is knowledge.
Being wealthy means having money and many things whereas being rich refers to having money. There lots of 'get- rich -quick' schemes but there are no 'get- wealthy -quick' schemes especially in jackpots and bets in casinos just: they get you rich but not wealthy.
In a different context.
>A rich person in Kenya would be considered wealthy in Zimbambwe. What many rich people are really after is becoming wealthy.
>A poor person can live a rich life, full of family, music, art, travel and love. That same person would not be considered wealthy.
In most cases riches are measured using the dollar $ currency. There are Dollar-Billionaires, Dollar-Multi Millionaires and Dollar-Millionaires.
Below I have compiled a list of some of the richest people known in history from 2016 backward.
1. Mansa Musa I, (Ruler of Malian Empire, 1280-1331) $400 billion
2. Rothschild Family (banking dynasty, 1740- ) $350 billion
3. John D Rockefeller (industrialist, 1839-1937) $340 billion
4. Andrew Carnegie (industrialist, 1835-1919) $310 billion.
5. Tsar Nicholas II of Russia (last Emperor of Russia, 1868-1918) $300 billion
6. Osman Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VII (last ruler of Hyderabad, 1886-1967) $236 billion
7. William the Conqueror (King of England, 1028-1087) $229.5 billion
8. Muammar Gaddafi (former Libyan leader, 1942-2011) $200 billion
9. Henry Ford (Ford Motor Company founder, 1863-1947) $199 billion
10. Cornelius Vanderbilt (industrialist, 1794-1877) $185 billion
11. Alan Rufus (Fighting companion of William the Conqueror, 1040-1093) $178.65 billion
12. Bill Gates (Founder of Microsoft, 1955- ) $136 billion
13. William de Warenne, 1st Earl of Surrey (Norman nobleman, ??-1088) $146.13 billion
14. John Jacob Astor (businessman, 1864-1912) $121 billion
15. Richard Fitzalan, 10th Earl of Arundel (English nobleman, 1306-1376) £118.6 billion
16. John of Gaunt (son of Edward III, 1330-1399) £110 billion
17. Stephen Girard (shipping and banking mogul, 1750-1831) $105 billion
18. Alexander Turney Stewart (entrepreneur, 1803-1876) $90 billion
19. Henry, 1st Duke of Lancaster (English noble, 1310-1361) $85.1 billion
20. Friedrich Weyerhaeuser (timber mogul, 1834-1914) $80 billion
21. Jay Gould (railroad tycoon, 1836-1892) $71 billion
22. Carlos Slim (business magnate, 1940- ) $68 billion
23. Stephen Van Rensselaer (land owner, 1764- 1839) $68 billion
24. Marshall Field (Marshall Field & Company founder, 1834-1906) $66 billion
25. Sam Walton (Walmart founder, 1918-1992) $65billion
26. Warren Buffett (investor, 1930- ) $64billion
Saturday, 18 June 2016
People say that you can not buy Time and thats for sure. This is because its not tangible. Gadgets that make time sort of tangible are already invented and called Watches
I am one big fan of watches and always rocking one that got me an addiction such that when I don't I feel something is a miss.
They come in different sizes, prices, colours, functions and material. It depends on you and the purpose you want it for.
President Uhuru Kenyatta is a big fan of watches and keeps a good collection.